Sunday, March 8, 2009

First Flight


Elliot got her 'wings' this past week. I had a Chick-fil-A grand opening in Estero, FL which was only about 15 minutes from my grandparents in Ft. Myers, so Elliot and I flew down and she stayed with them while I worked. I also had a little time to visit with my grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins. It was great that they all had a chance to see/meet Miss Ellie! The grand opening went wonderfully, receiving lots of media coverage, and it was a really sweet time with family - just a perfect trip all around.

So, I know you are wondering how Elliot did on the flights (maybe you're not, but I'll pretend you are). I was a little concerned about her ears and the change in pressure during the flights. I had spoken with her doctor prior to going and he said a pacifier can help, but there is really nothing else you can do. We breezed through security - I have had lots of practice and thought everything through ahead of time. On all the flights, Ellie fell asleep before take off and woke up a few minutes before we landed. The only time she cried was when I stood up with her and accidentally bumped her head on the overhead compartment - whoops! The one thing I did discover is that my daughter is a big flirt! When she would wake from sleeping, she would immediately turn on the charm. She would smile and squeal at the gentlemen sitting beside me (I was seated next to men on all 4 flights) to the point that it was a little awkward. While boarding, I would have her up on my shoulder and I would hear the people standing behind me start laughing. I knew she was working her magic and would then feel obligated to turn around and strike up conversation. Needless to say, the Ables ladies made quite a lot of friends in their travels.

While in Florida, Elliot had the best time with her great-grandparents. She loves her G.G.'s! We all had a fabulous time and it was really a blessing that it worked out so well. Ellie and I can't wait to hit the road again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great trip. I am in love with her hat! Brad is asleep right now so I'm going to show him her cute little pic tomorrow! Love you guys Give Ellie a hug and a kiss from Ohio.